Taxi breakdown assistance & recovery cover.
Taxi breakdown & recovery cover is as important as insuring the vehicle itself against loss or damage.
Whether it happens in remote countryside, on a busy motorway or outside your own home, breaking down is usually unexpected, can be very costly and always very inconvenient.
Our taxi breakdown policies provide excellent cover at an affordable price.
Our breakdown cover is is available to purchase as a standalone policy or as an optional add on to your motor insurance renewal.
To arrange cover, simply phone us on 01246558844 or call into the office and cover will be arranged. It is to be noted that the first 24 hours is excluded.
Penk Taxi Rescue:
for vehicles (up to 3.5T *) used for the carriage of passengers for hire & reward
Option 1: “Total UK” for only £98.00 per year, includes
- Roadside assistance (UK)
- National recovery (UK)
- Home service (UK)
- Misfuelling (UK)
- Caravans & trailers (UK)
- Alternative travel/accomm’ (UK)
- Message service (UK)
Option 2: “Total UK & Europe” for only £134.00 per year, includes the following additional cover whilst in Europe (EU)
- Option 1 cover PLUS
- EU Roadside assistance
- EU Recovery to a local garage
- EU Car hire
- EU Hotel accommodation
- Misfuelling not covered in EU
* Taxi vehicle limitations: not exceeding 3.5T, 7m length, 3m height & 2.25m width. Quotations on vehicles outside of these limitations are available on request.
For full policy Terms & Conditions, reference must be made to the relevant insurers key facts, policy wording and cover schedule. Cover limits apply to certain sections.
What cover is included:
- Assistance 24 hours a day 365 days per year
- Fast & Reliable Service
- Nationwide network of 1200 breakdown specialists
- Emergency messaging service (to let people know you have broken down)
- Overnight accommodation costs
- Alternative transport costs
What to do if you breakdown:
If your vehicle breaks down, think first about other road users and
- Get your vehicle off the road if possible
- Warn other traffic by using your hazard warning lights if your vehicle is causing an obstruction
- Help other road users see you by wearing light-coloured or fluorescent clothing in daylight and reflective clothing at night or in poor visibility
- Put a warning triangle on the road at least 45 metres (147 feet) behind your Broken-down vehicle on the same side of the road, or use other permitted warning devices if you have them. Always take great care when placing or retrieving them, but never use them on motorways
- If possible, keep your sidelights on if it is dark or visibility is poor
- Do not stand (or let anybody else stand) between your vehicle and oncoming traffic
- At night or in poor visibility do not stand where you will prevent other road users seeing your lights